This week we are continuing our blog challenge with 10 songs we love. Music has always been a big part of my life. I took piano lessons for many many years growing up, made mixed CDs for friends/family whenever I could (back when mixed CDs were cool), and even recently I had a playlist going on my phone during the birth of my son. Different songs can take you back to a distant memory of your youth or they can create a mood for a special event.
Without further ado, here are just 10 of my favorites:
- Forever Young – Bob Dylan
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- You are the Best Thing – Ray Lamontagne
- Something Beautiful – NEEDTOBREATHE
- How Many Times – Ryan Montbleau
- The Parting Glass – The High Kings
- I Will Wait – Mumford & Sons
- Something – Beatles
- Amazing Grace – Sung a capella by anyone with an exceptional voice
- Because I Knew You – Wicked Broadway Musical
These songs show who I am, maybe more so than what I could write in words. The love of my father’s classics, the wedding song of my parents that I can still see them slow dancing to in the dark kitchen of our tiny home, the first song my hubby sang to me (in the best voice he could) when we were dating, the song that got me through a hard time in my late twenties, the song to celebrate my Irish roots, a fun memory of a musical, and a classic that can always bring me to tears.
What are some songs that road-map your life or memories? I would love to listen to them and am always in search of my next favorite song!
Next weeks challenge will be: Your 5 senses right now
Thank you so much for reading!